Background

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

houndstooth alabama baby quilt

It has been FOREVER since I've posted, and this quilt is mainly the reason why. Well, this quilt and life in general has been busy.




I made this for a dear friend of mine who just had a baby boy. His nursery was done in crimson, houndstooth, and elephants because they are huge Alabama fans. Roll tide!

I used the Houndstooth pattern by V and Co. I found this pattern on Pinterest and studied it to see if I could do it on my own. It looks easy enough, but I decided to buy the pattern and follow the directions. It was quite a process! Thankfully my mom helped me out a lot and that made it go much faster. Plus it's great bonding time. We plan on making Christmas placemats to use up all the red and white scraps from this project.

I finished the quilt with straight line quilting along both sides of the horizontal and diagonal seams. I'm in love with how this turned out and sad I had to give it away! I am very much wanting a purple and white houndstooth quilt of my own, but not sure I'm up to all the 60 degree triangles and messing with stretchy blocks done on the bias. Plus I have a few other quilts to finish up anyway!

Check out more photos on my Flickr page (link on the sidebar).

No comments:

Post a Comment