Background

Saturday, March 31, 2012

back!


I've finally got a completed back for my quilt! Like I mentioned in a previous post, instead of making the back out of one kind of fabric, I decided to be a little more creative and add some of the fabrics I used on the front to create a horizontal stripe across the back. Since the fabrics are from the same collection, they coordinate perfectly and I couldn't be more pleased with how this turned out. 


Everyone who sees the butterfly fabric can't believe why I'd use it for the back, since it obviously won't be seen as much as the front of the quilt. Why wouldn't you show off such an awesome print on the front? Believe me, in retrospect I wish I'd done just that. But with all the design issues I've had in this project, I'm happy to be able to include a fabric I really, truly love--if only on the back. 


Here's a picture of the completed quilt top as well. Taking them both outside for a photoshoot against the chain link fence made me very happy. It's such a beautiful day! So though I'd like to take the next step and actually lay down the quilt sandwich, I'm afraid I'm going to enjoy the sunshine this weekend. Happy April, everyone! 

2 comments: